Want to travel the world, looking to develop your teaching career and interested in exploring other areas in the international education?
As an overseas ESL teachers for English First, the world's leading privately-owned education company, you'll be able to add new teaching skills and certifications to your toolset and create your own career path, all while enjoying a fantastic life in EF Xuzhou.
At EF Xuzhou, we teach a maximum of 20 hours a week, covering 10 classes with our students ranging from 3-16 years old. Each class is 2 hours with younger students coming twice a week and our older students once a week. Our class sizes are small, meaning we really get to know our students and they have the time and attention needed to reach their potential.
Outside the classroom, we track our students developments and learning needs. We keep in close contact with parents, keeping them up to date on their child’s progress and offering advice on the best course of action to improve further.
We also spend our time planning for our lessons, making full use of EF material which includes teacher notes, workbooks, flashcards, Interactive material, assessments, songs and videos, all of which is available from every work space computer.
The introduction of EF Xuzhou school:
we opened up 2007 and we have rapidly grown. We have over 2800 students with 30 foreign teachers and eight local teachers.
We teach students from age 3 and up, although we mainly focus on students from age 3 to 15. Our students are divided into classes by age and level, with a maximum of 10 students for 3-6 year olds, and 16 students from 7-15 years old. We teach our students 2 hours each week, and the teachers keep their classes throughout the course, so we have a chance to become familiar with both our students and their parents. In all classes we use EF materials, which consist of books, PPT, CD, quizzes, work cards, Flash cards, and in some cases IWB activities and puppets.
Xuzhou is one of the seven ancient capitals in China, which means there are several interesting historic locations to visit. As the only city besides Xian, Xuzhou has a collection of smaller terracotta warriors, as well as several Emperor Tombs. Besides that Yunlong Hill and Yunlong Lake are the most famous Scenic Spots in the city. Yunlong Lake is an artificial lake which was excavated by Xuzhou people in 1954 to fight the flood. It is also the Sister Lake of the West Lake in Hangzhou because of the beautiful scenery, and on weekends and holidays many local people go there for boating, relaxing, picnics, or the smaller amusement area. Next to the lake is Yunlong Hill which is the first famous hill of Buddhism in the north of Jiangsu Province, because of Xinghua Temple established in North Wei Period and Dashi Temple established in Qing Dynasty.
- Teacher smaller classes in a school equipped with latest technology
- Give lessons to the highest standards of English language teaching
- Develop and use suitable supplementary materials as necessary
- Maintain student and class records
- Assist in the placement testing and interviewing of new students
- Attend and participate in workshops in teacher development offered by the center
- Usually we work long hours Saturday and Sunday, with shorter days and more flexible working hours during weekdays.
- Notarized Bachelor's Degree from the UK, Ireland, the USA, Canada, South Africa, New Zealand or Australia
- 120 hour TEFL certificate (two-year English teaching experience equals TEFL or 2 years post graduate certificate) or other teaching qualification (or willing to obtain one)
- Notarized and clean criminal background check, valid within 6 months
- A desire to work hard and play hard!
EF English First Xuzhou offers…
- 13500-15000 Yuan per month during the first year;
- Paid holidays - 15 days plus 12 days Chinese national holidays;
- Monthly housing and utilities;
- Housing ready and fully furnished upon arrival;
- Airport/train station pick-up and help settling in;
- Orientation and onboarding;
- Additional Aetna medical and Health insurance;
- Additional Round trip flight allowance;
- Additional Annual end of contract bonus and resign bonus;
- Paid Z-visa, residence permit and sponsored foreign experts teaching license;
- Paid 2-week initial onboarding and training;
- Paid entrance onto the Cambridge TKT once every 6 months;
- Paid medical check and health insurance;
- Free Weekly Chinese lessons;
- Help settling in and solving everyday problems from shopping to doctors’ visit;
- Flexible and caring management coupled with continuous teacher training and development;
- Fantastic career development opportunities both here in Xuzhou and as part of the world's largest private language school.
We opened up 2007 and we have rapidly grown. We have over 2800 students with 30 foreign teachers and
Want to travel the world, looking to develop your teaching career and interested in exploring other areas in the international education? As an overseas ESL teachers for English First, the world's leading privately-owned education company, you'll be able to add new teaching skills and certChina
ESSC camp invites English speakers to volunteer for the camp. ESSC is an international language camp which is being organized for 5 years now and welcomes more than 220 children each summer. The camp is organized to help children speak English, learn new things, become more confident and self-awareUkraine
Job Summary A great opportunity for ESL/EFL professionals working from home. Enjoy teaching Chinese students of all level and learning Chinese culture, as well as competitive salary. Details of Position The positions we have, are for teachers to teach customized online English classes with CChina
We are looking for English Teachers to teach in training centers in beautiful coastal cities Shenzhen. Job description: * English Teaching. * Kids age: 2 to 12 years old. * Work time: 8 hours per day, Wednesday to Sunday. * Location: Shenzhen. Requirements: * Easygoing and patient. *China
URGENT requirement for a Primary School English Teacher for an International School. Job Type: Full timeJob Location: ShanghaiResponsibilities:The ideal candidates will have the passion and skills to create a learning environment that challenges students to achieve at high levels. We welcome experieChina
A training center in Xinyi City, Xuzhou is looking for a qualified native female ESL teacher to join their school. The ideal candidate will receive a salary ranging from 20-22K depending on experience. An apartment will also be provided, with water, electricity and internet expenses paid for! All stChina
English Language Learning Center in Hebei, Tangshan is looking for a foreign teacher to join their team! The ideal candidate needs to provide a rich teaching experience for students and possess a good sense of humor in the classroom. Working schedule is from Wednesday to Friday,with up to 24 classesChina
A school in Zhangjiakou, Hebei Province is looking for a teacher to start IMMEDIATELY! This city will host the 2020 Winter Olympics, and is a great city filled with tradition and culture. All the details are outlined below. Details of the position: - Native speaker from UK, US, Canada, or SouthChina
Qualified teacher who is caring and full ofenergy needed for a school in Shanghai, Fengxian District. The teacher needs a Bachelors degree (or above) and should have experience teaching young learners.The successful candidate will receive a salary between 15-22K, plus accommodation. Working visa wilChina
ESL teaching positions for NATIVE SPEAKERS available in an international Kindergarten. Motivate young learners and improve their language comprehension. The school is located in the downtown of Chengdu (Sichuan province)Compensations: - From 11000 to 13000 RMB regarding your qualifications- HousingChina
CENTRAL INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION is seeking qualified native speakers to join our team on a one-year renewable contract. The successful candidate would possess a recognized teaching certificate or equivalent experience; a flexibility of character which permits adaptation to life and work in a developIndonesia
A training center in Tongxiang, Jiaxing City, Zhejiang Province is looking for a qualified native or non-native (withclear pronunciation) ESL teacher to join their team! The salary ranges from 12k-20k depending on background and experience. An apartment will also beprovided by the school, along withChina
Position: School teachersThe following positions are open for native English speakers in one of the best private schools in Bahrain.1. English teacher (Y4/5, Y7, English Social Studies)2. Science (Y5, Primary/Middle, Physics, Chemistry, Biology)3. Mathematics ( Y5, IGCSE)4. Classroom teachers (Y1,2Bahrain