GVI Fiji are looking for a dedicated and hard-working Education Project Leader to join their team in Dawasamu District, Fiji. Global Vision International is an award-winning global volunteer network that utilises local and international volunteer support to design and implement community backing initiatives throughout Fiji. A successful candidate would ideally have experience of teaching primary school age children at home or abroad, with a sound understanding of Phonics and its implementation in the primary classroom.
GVI Dawasamu's education programme is located in rural Viti Levu (Fiji's largest island) approximately 2.5 hours from the capital city of Suva. There are two primary schools in Dawasamu District, with GVI focusing on teaching support at just one currently. The school caters for children age 4-14, Kindergarten to Class 8. GVI focus their literacy support on Class 2- Class 6 primarily. In Fiji the academic year runs from January to November. There are 2 week breaks in April and August as well as a 6 week break over the Christmas period. As a developing country Fiji's schools are fairly well-resourced with well-educated and trained teachers. The area's major disadvantages are its rural and remote location, poorly-maintained roads and limited public transport options which can result in teachers becoming isolated and over-worked. GVI Dawasamu volunteers hope to lessen the burden by offering literacy assistance as well as general classroom assistance to assist with tasks such as marking, resource making, printing and photocopying.
The school, and the whole of Dawasamu District, were badly hit by Tropical Cyclone Winston in February 2016. At the time of writing (Nov 2017) school repairs were underway and most people in the surrounding communities are in the process of rebuilding their houses, with many families still living in temporary shelters nearly 2 years after the cyclone.
Candidates must be willing and able to relocate
to GVI’s remote and rustic base of operations in a rural village setting in the
Dawasamu region of Fiji’s main island, Viti Levu.
The Successful candidate will be based full time on GVI’s base of operations.
Regular rotations/transport to Suva provided.
Duration: 12 months pending 1-month probation period with good opportunity for extension
· Running the education project in the local primary school; Building and maintaining relationships with local teachers and timetabling volunteer’s lessons within classroom timetables.
· Enable and support volunteers in delivering phonics, literacy and PEMAC lessons to students
· Monitor, supervise and develop volunteer’s involvement in the project
· Relationship building with partner institutions, school students and teachers
· Constantly assess how the project is running and identify areas requiring further development
· Creating and developing a bank of education resources
· Promoting positive reinforcement in schools and non-physical behavior management
· Maintain accurate records of student progress
· Support volunteers in running lessons with special needs students
· Supporting, training and coordinating volunteers throughout daily operations as well as ensuring there are regular scheduled supervision meetings to ensure the consistency and progress of the project.
· Reporting on both project and base outcomes, through monthly achievement reports, fundraising pages, proposals, donation reports and incident reports
· Managing a team of six to twelve volunteers and coordinating their work within the education project; including literacy lessons, PE, Music, Art and working with special needs students.
· Conducting reading testing throughout the school and developing student profiles, including long term learning goals.
Training volunteers to work within the project
and mentoring their work throughout their time on project
Education/Teaching background, both academic
and/or work experience. Specifically Experience and knowledge of teaching
phonics at a primary school level.
Relevant past experience including:
· Experience of teaching primary school age children at home or abroad
· Experience of working with volunteers and supporting lessons and planning.
· An understanding of assessment, how it can be used to support teaching and learning as well as experience of tracking and monitoring student progress.
· Past expedition style work experience
· Past volunteer or volunteer management work experience
· Past experience in remote locations and working closely with local communities
This project is based in a small rural village in the Dawasamu District on Viti Levu, remote and known for its proximity to Moon Reef and its resident pod of Spinner Dolphins. Based in the villages of Silana, this is a perfect location to experience true Fijian life, in an amazing region defined by dense jungle, volcanic mountainsides and the tribal culture of Tailevu Province.
· Starting Stipend: $100 USD per week
· All food, relevant in-country transport, and accommodation provided
· Medical Insurance
· In-country training and skill development to align with GVI's stringent standards
· Good opportunities of promotion within our international organisation
· 4 weeks paid holiday per annum pro rata
· Various opportunities for professional development, certifications and training
· GVI Fiji does not cover flights to/from Fiji
· In-country assistance and costs for visa application
Global Vision International is an award-winning global volunteer network that utilises local and in
Do you want to teach English in Spain next academic year? Become a Language and Cultural ambassador in Madrid starting in January 2019. ConversaSpain cooperates with public schools in different locations across Spain, to help the English department improve the language skills of their students and sSpain
Come teach in beautiful central Mexico. Perfect for newly certified teachers who want to make Mexico the first step on their international journey. 4 - 6 month contracts (Aug - Dec, Jan - April , May - Aug). * 25 hours/week * Monday - Friday (NEVER weekends) * Monthly stipend * Housing (withMexico
We are looking to hire a TESOL/TEFL Tutor or Trainer for our TESOL/TEFL students. You will not be teaching English. You will be assisting TESOL & TEFL students with questions they have about our course and the content. You will also be grading student work and providing feedback.You will have aWork From Home (Online Teaching)
Dear teachers: We have been successful in the project of co-training English in Public and private schools for years. We are now urgently in need of 5 teachers as both full time to teach.1Airport /Train station pick up 2. Flight subsidies 2000-5000 3. English-speaking coordinator 4. Accident insChina
We are looking for English Teachers to teach in training centers in beautiful coastal cities Shenzhen. Job description: * English Teaching. * Kids age: 2 to 12 years old. * Work time: 8 hours per day, Wednesday to Sunday. * Location: Shenzhen. Requirements: * Easygoing and patient. *China
We have an awesome opportunity for anyone interested regarding online ESL teaching to children online ages 5-14. The company is called DadaABC and we are paying up to 25$/Hr for teachers with flexible scheduling! Booking rates are high and one can essentially work up to 40+ hours a week.China
Job Description: To cultivate an international learning environment and increase English proficiency, teachers are being recruited in Hangzhou, China to teach K-12 students(target students are mainly primary school students) English or subjects using an English medium. Post- graduates with the releChina
*Only considering teachers already in Korea*Sanbon Herald School has been in operation for over 17 years, making it a well-established and stable environment to work. Located in the heart of downtown Sanbon and surrounded by the breathtaking Surisan mountains, our academy provides a convenient spaceSouth Korea
The English Club is currently seeking ESL Teachers to work on a part-time basis. Lessons are usually held in the afternoon and evenings from Monday to Friday at school or in public schools nearby. Most of the lessons are group lessons but there could also be One to One lessons. Each group lessItaly
My company is looking to recruit ENGLISH TEACHER who teach English in public school and our center in some provinces, it near Ha Noi city Viet Nam - Working start: ASAP - Work full-time: 6days/week - Working time: max 37hrs/week, 148 hours/month. - You will be supported FREE accommodation. -Vietnam
Looking to fill up those unbooked slots? Join us at Weisi subject English, a rapidly growing company dedicated towards improving English fluency of young learners in China through our personalized multi method approach which is based on the Common Core State education Standards (Common Core State StChina
1) School Information: School Location: all cities in China ( Most of them are in Zhejiang province) Quantity of teachers needed: 30- 50(English, Arts and PE) Position: full-time Salary: negotiable Teaching hours: 80 teaching hours per month (with most public schools around 18-classesChina
Spain 12 Jun. 2018
Mexico 12 Jun. 2018
China 26 Feb. 2018
Korea, South 01 Feb. 2018
China 25 Jan. 2018
Vietnam 23 Jan. 2018