GVI Fiji are looking for a dedicated and hard-working Education Project Leader to join their team in Dawasamu District, Fiji. Global Vision International is an award-winning global volunteer network that utilises local and international volunteer support to design and implement community backing initiatives throughout Fiji. A successful candidate would ideally have experience of teaching primary school age children at home or abroad, with a sound understanding of Phonics and its implementation in the primary classroom.
GVI Dawasamu's education programme is located in rural Viti Levu (Fiji's largest island) approximately 2.5 hours from the capital city of Suva. There are two primary schools in Dawasamu District, with GVI focusing on teaching support at just one currently. The school caters for children age 4-14, Kindergarten to Class 8. GVI focus their literacy support on Class 2- Class 6 primarily. In Fiji the academic year runs from January to November. There are 2 week breaks in April and August as well as a 6 week break over the Christmas period. As a developing country Fiji's schools are fairly well-resourced with well-educated and trained teachers. The area's major disadvantages are its rural and remote location, poorly-maintained roads and limited public transport options which can result in teachers becoming isolated and over-worked. GVI Dawasamu volunteers hope to lessen the burden by offering literacy assistance as well as general classroom assistance to assist with tasks such as marking, resource making, printing and photocopying.
The school, and the whole of Dawasamu District, were badly hit by Tropical Cyclone Winston in February 2016. At the time of writing (Nov 2017) school repairs were underway and most people in the surrounding communities are in the process of rebuilding their houses, with many families still living in temporary shelters nearly 2 years after the cyclone.
Candidates must be willing and able to relocate
to GVI’s remote and rustic base of operations in a rural village setting in the
Dawasamu region of Fiji’s main island, Viti Levu.
The Successful candidate will be based full time on GVI’s base of operations.
Regular rotations/transport to Suva provided.
Duration: 12 months pending 1-month probation period with good opportunity for extension
· Running the education project in the local primary school; Building and maintaining relationships with local teachers and timetabling volunteer’s lessons within classroom timetables.
· Enable and support volunteers in delivering phonics, literacy and PEMAC lessons to students
· Monitor, supervise and develop volunteer’s involvement in the project
· Relationship building with partner institutions, school students and teachers
· Constantly assess how the project is running and identify areas requiring further development
· Creating and developing a bank of education resources
· Promoting positive reinforcement in schools and non-physical behavior management
· Maintain accurate records of student progress
· Support volunteers in running lessons with special needs students
· Supporting, training and coordinating volunteers throughout daily operations as well as ensuring there are regular scheduled supervision meetings to ensure the consistency and progress of the project.
· Reporting on both project and base outcomes, through monthly achievement reports, fundraising pages, proposals, donation reports and incident reports
· Managing a team of six to twelve volunteers and coordinating their work within the education project; including literacy lessons, PE, Music, Art and working with special needs students.
· Conducting reading testing throughout the school and developing student profiles, including long term learning goals.
Training volunteers to work within the project
and mentoring their work throughout their time on project
Education/Teaching background, both academic
and/or work experience. Specifically Experience and knowledge of teaching
phonics at a primary school level.
Relevant past experience including:
· Experience of teaching primary school age children at home or abroad
· Experience of working with volunteers and supporting lessons and planning.
· An understanding of assessment, how it can be used to support teaching and learning as well as experience of tracking and monitoring student progress.
· Past expedition style work experience
· Past volunteer or volunteer management work experience
· Past experience in remote locations and working closely with local communities
This project is based in a small rural village in the Dawasamu District on Viti Levu, remote and known for its proximity to Moon Reef and its resident pod of Spinner Dolphins. Based in the villages of Silana, this is a perfect location to experience true Fijian life, in an amazing region defined by dense jungle, volcanic mountainsides and the tribal culture of Tailevu Province.
· Starting Stipend: $100 USD per week
· All food, relevant in-country transport, and accommodation provided
· Medical Insurance
· In-country training and skill development to align with GVI's stringent standards
· Good opportunities of promotion within our international organisation
· 4 weeks paid holiday per annum pro rata
· Various opportunities for professional development, certifications and training
· GVI Fiji does not cover flights to/from Fiji
· In-country assistance and costs for visa application
Global Vision International is an award-winning global volunteer network that utilises local and in
Job Description Where our academy is located is Wonju, which is known for its safe and excellent living environment. Also, the area of our location is a newly built office zone with a lot of public offices and state-owned companies, so that people around this area are usually young and vibrant. ISouth Korea
Responsibility:-Delivering well planned oral-English lessons to build students' confidence in oral English-Encourage children to practice spoken English-Provide student feedback-Maximum lessons: 18 classes(40 mins per class)What We Provide-Hosing allowance 3,000 RMB per month or furnished accommodatChina
VVIP English/ESL Teachers Are Needed in 11 cities in China Company Brief Wall Street English is the premier provider of English instruction for individuals and corporate clients globally. Our proprietary and innovative WSE method integrates the best of proven teaching approaches, providing thChina
Looking for fun, friendly, and outgoing people with a keen interest in teaching young students. Our positions are available for immediate start.Students are aged from 2 to 12 years old and you will teach a maximum of 25 hours per week. Job description -Location:Tianhe District -Working time:China
POSITIONS FOR KINDERGARTEN TEACHERS IN GUANGZHOU. GREAT OFFER WITH NO OFFICE HOURS Positions: 3 Homeroom Teachers. School: Guangzhou Experimental Kindergarten Start date: August 2020 We are open to candidates OUTSIDE China. Grab this great opportunity now to start working once the border openChina
1. Detail of the Position Students: 2 - 6 years old Class size: 15 - 20 students/class Teaching assistant: 2 Chinese Homeroom Teachers supporting Working schedule: Monday to Friday, 2 days off on the weekend Working hours: 20 - 22 teaching hours/week, NO office hours Teaching curriculum provideChina
II. Requirements: 1. Native English speakers only with standard English pronunciation and intonation. 2. Teaching qualification(TEFL/TESOL/CELTA certificate) 3. Bachelor’s degree or above. 4. One year above teaching experience as a teacher in a school. 5. Passion for teaching. 6. Excellent cChina
We are looking for a native speaker teacher. please send your resume with photo Paju, start from March 2, elementary since Jan 3,2011 Location: Paju,Kyunggido since Jan. 1, 2011 Teacher:1 Nationality :US,CA,UK ,AUS,Irish,NZ Start date:May 1,2020Salary: 2.1~2.3 million won depending on experienKorea, South
You will be placed in smaller cities or towns in China , so that you can immerse yourself in pure Chinese culture and experience more , which makes your 4 month more colorful and meaningful . During the 4 month period , school offers you free accommodation ( either dorm or apartment , with access tChina
We're recruiting 15 native English teachers to teach in Hanoi*Job description: Teaching English to students at public/private schools (from September to May). Detail will be clarified during interview. Around 40 students/ class, age 6-15. Primary school or Secondary school. *Start date: candidates sVietnam
Dear teachers: We have been successful in the project of co-training English in Public and private schools for years. We are now urgently in need of 5 teachers as both full time to teach.1Airport /Train station pick up 2. Flight subsidies 2000-5000 3. English-speaking coordinator 4. Accident insChina
We are looking for English Teachers to teach in training centers in beautiful coastal cities Shenzhen. Job description: * English Teaching. * Kids age: 2 to 12 years old. * Work time: 8 hours per day, Wednesday to Sunday. * Location: Shenzhen. Requirements: * Easygoing and patient. *China
South Korea 04 Jun. 2020
China 25 May. 2020
Italy 06 Jul. 2020
Thailand 06 Jul. 2020
China 01 Jul. 2020
China 22 Jun. 2020