GVI Fiji are looking for a dedicated and hard-working Education Project Leader to join their team in Dawasamu District, Fiji. Global Vision International is an award-winning global volunteer network that utilises local and international volunteer support to design and implement community backing initiatives throughout Fiji. A successful candidate would ideally have experience of teaching primary school age children at home or abroad, with a sound understanding of Phonics and its implementation in the primary classroom.
GVI Dawasamu's education programme is located in rural Viti Levu (Fiji's largest island) approximately 2.5 hours from the capital city of Suva. There are two primary schools in Dawasamu District, with GVI focusing on teaching support at just one currently. The school caters for children age 4-14, Kindergarten to Class 8. GVI focus their literacy support on Class 2- Class 6 primarily. In Fiji the academic year runs from January to November. There are 2 week breaks in April and August as well as a 6 week break over the Christmas period. As a developing country Fiji's schools are fairly well-resourced with well-educated and trained teachers. The area's major disadvantages are its rural and remote location, poorly-maintained roads and limited public transport options which can result in teachers becoming isolated and over-worked. GVI Dawasamu volunteers hope to lessen the burden by offering literacy assistance as well as general classroom assistance to assist with tasks such as marking, resource making, printing and photocopying.
The school, and the whole of Dawasamu District, were badly hit by Tropical Cyclone Winston in February 2016. At the time of writing (Nov 2017) school repairs were underway and most people in the surrounding communities are in the process of rebuilding their houses, with many families still living in temporary shelters nearly 2 years after the cyclone.
Candidates must be willing and able to relocate
to GVI’s remote and rustic base of operations in a rural village setting in the
Dawasamu region of Fiji’s main island, Viti Levu.
The Successful candidate will be based full time on GVI’s base of operations.
Regular rotations/transport to Suva provided.
Duration: 12 months pending 1-month probation period with good opportunity for extension
· Running the education project in the local primary school; Building and maintaining relationships with local teachers and timetabling volunteer’s lessons within classroom timetables.
· Enable and support volunteers in delivering phonics, literacy and PEMAC lessons to students
· Monitor, supervise and develop volunteer’s involvement in the project
· Relationship building with partner institutions, school students and teachers
· Constantly assess how the project is running and identify areas requiring further development
· Creating and developing a bank of education resources
· Promoting positive reinforcement in schools and non-physical behavior management
· Maintain accurate records of student progress
· Support volunteers in running lessons with special needs students
· Supporting, training and coordinating volunteers throughout daily operations as well as ensuring there are regular scheduled supervision meetings to ensure the consistency and progress of the project.
· Reporting on both project and base outcomes, through monthly achievement reports, fundraising pages, proposals, donation reports and incident reports
· Managing a team of six to twelve volunteers and coordinating their work within the education project; including literacy lessons, PE, Music, Art and working with special needs students.
· Conducting reading testing throughout the school and developing student profiles, including long term learning goals.
Training volunteers to work within the project
and mentoring their work throughout their time on project
Education/Teaching background, both academic
and/or work experience. Specifically Experience and knowledge of teaching
phonics at a primary school level.
Relevant past experience including:
· Experience of teaching primary school age children at home or abroad
· Experience of working with volunteers and supporting lessons and planning.
· An understanding of assessment, how it can be used to support teaching and learning as well as experience of tracking and monitoring student progress.
· Past expedition style work experience
· Past volunteer or volunteer management work experience
· Past experience in remote locations and working closely with local communities
This project is based in a small rural village in the Dawasamu District on Viti Levu, remote and known for its proximity to Moon Reef and its resident pod of Spinner Dolphins. Based in the villages of Silana, this is a perfect location to experience true Fijian life, in an amazing region defined by dense jungle, volcanic mountainsides and the tribal culture of Tailevu Province.
· Starting Stipend: $100 USD per week
· All food, relevant in-country transport, and accommodation provided
· Medical Insurance
· In-country training and skill development to align with GVI's stringent standards
· Good opportunities of promotion within our international organisation
· 4 weeks paid holiday per annum pro rata
· Various opportunities for professional development, certifications and training
· GVI Fiji does not cover flights to/from Fiji
· In-country assistance and costs for visa application
Global Vision International is an award-winning global volunteer network that utilises local and in
Are you looking to fulfil your dreams of working overseas? Are you interested in working in a country steeped in tradition but also racing to the future? We have the perfect opportunity for you. We are working with one of the leading language schools in China, who have excellent teacher and customerChina
Rise Recruiting Services has been partnered for five years with a long-established, nation-wide English as a second language company in JAPAN with the purpose of sending them ESL teachers for minimum yearlong contracts. These positions are to teach exclusively CHILDREN up to the age of 15, and we arJapan
Beijing HongYuan Sunny Education Technology Co.,Ltd is a leading English language Institution with teaching opportunities across China. We are currently recruiting foreign English teachers, to live and work in China teaching English to Chinese students. We are interested in candidates who can demChina
High School ICT Teacher required to start in fall at a high school in Songjiang district of Shanghai, or could start after CNY. Benefits: -School will provide flight stipend -Medical insurance -Great bonus at the end of the contract -Salary: 23-28K RMB after tax Working Days: Monday-FridayChina
Founded in 2009 with the mission to provide high quality education for students seeking international education opportunities. Since then, We have grown to one of the most well-respected and well-recognized names in China for test preparation, student mentorship, and educational consulting. In DeChina
ThinkFirst international kindergarten is a bilingual Montessori kindergarten which was founded in 2011. We have four campuses in Beijing, the other two in Shenyang Province. We have more than 200 employees, the number of enrolled students now is already more than 600. In every campus, we support bChina
Main Responsibilities: - Planning and delivering lessons to Chinese students aged 3 to 12 - Evaluating students progress and providing continuous guidance for improvement - Participate in events and activities organized by host institutions for the purpose of English teaching and cultural exchangChina
Teach Chemistry / Physics / Literature in TaiwanAmerican & Canadian Licensed Teachers PrefferedJobs start in August 2018.We are currently recruiting licensed teachers (state and provincially certified) for high school chemistry, physics and literature position in one of the reputable private schTaiwan
We are now accepting application for consideration for the subject teaching positions in Taipei private high school starting in August 2018.We are seeking for:Literature TeachersPhysics TeacherChemistry TeacherJOB DESCRIPTION:Location: Da'an District, Taipei City, TaiwanStarting August 2018-July 201Taiwan
Requirements: Passport from: USA, Canada, UK, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa Bachelor's degree Adaptability and a fun-loving attitude! Benefits: Starting salary 30-35,000 Thai baht per month plus bonuses, yearly raises, health insurance and much more! See our website for more deThailand
1. According to the needs of our learning center, kindergarten, and schools, provide English class, design the curriculum for the subject. 2. Conduct the English courses. 3. Organize the marketing activities, such as demo class, promotion event. 4. Share English language and culture sessions witChina
ESSC camp invites English speakers to volunteer for the camp. ESSC is an international language camp which is being organized for 5 years now and welcomes more than 220 children each summer. The camp is organized to help children speak English, learn new things, become more confident and self-awareUkraine
China 28 Feb. 2018
Japan 19 Feb. 2018
China 16 Mar. 2018
China 15 Mar. 2018
Slovakia 15 Mar. 2018
China 15 Mar. 2018